Monday, June 18, 2012

stuff, stuff, STUFF!!!

Ever feel like you are swimming in STUFF?!  That's how I felt today. Today was supposed to be the first day of a juice fast, just a 7 day one to get myself back on track with all the white flour and cheese that has snuck back into our diet. I did well too, made it all the way until 5:30. Then I saw the ginormous bag of tortilla chips left over from Daddy's Day weekend along with 4 or 5 dips, one of them my fav., sour cream and green chili salsa. Oh yeah, and "there's some awesome humus over there too.  Hey wait, is that left over butter noodles in that tub??? That would taste really good with those green onions and asiago cheese... gotta use that up!" I'll just set it out so that hubs can help himself when he gets home from work soon... gotta clean out the fridge! I turn around and there are several bottles of juice on the kitchen table along with a bag of oranges and two beautiful watermelons. "Yum! let's see, where can I fit those?? Can't put them in the fridge, no room... what's that in the fridge drawer? Oh yeah, killer deal on tortillas. Hubs brought home 8 pkgs.  2 for a buck, how can you pass up that deal?! Time to take some to the neighbors!!" Heating up the pasta, go into the living room, there on the porch swing (my fav. seat, and yes, I have a porch swing in my living room <big grin>) anyway, on the porch swing are 6 sun dresses, 3 shirts, 1 sweater, and 1 vest.... my haul from thrift storing today. All of it goes to my big girls house for her little girls except for the sweater and vest.... Those are MINE! <another big grin>. My couch is laying on it's face.... the leg busted off... three times. I've got it shoe gooing and it should be able to be set back up right soon :)  (hope it works!) Went into the laundry/pantry room. Couldn't sleep last night so I started organizing.... ever notice how when you organize you first end up with a mess?? Well, I finally got sleepy at 2 a.m. and left the mess where it lay.  Walked down the hallway towards my wee girls room and.... yes.... my sweet angel isn't perfect.  I go in my room. "At least I know that's clean! Oh wait.... there is that stack of books, games and videos I'm listing on Amazon." And yes, it is an active pile, I'm not just storing for "some day" (anymore) I actually have several things listed and have sold a few items :) 

Clutter Clutter Clutter.  How much of this stuff do we really need?  Ask my family and friends, I am the Queen of Paring down.  It's something I do regularly.  I tell my friends "I'm paring down and I'm doing it without Ruth!!" Yes, I will be ruthless!!! And here we are again! I rarely bring new things in and yet it accumulates!  "Where does it all come from????" It comes from life. It comes from the fact that we have three dogs**. It comes from the fact that I want to be a blessing to my husband, to be a good wife and mother, to be a good steward and to make my family feel comfortable. I want a comfortable home, not just for the three of us but for my son who visits on his weekends and for when my oldest girl and her wonderful hubby comes over. From wanting them to all feel like they are at their second home, a place of comfort and love. It comes from wanting to have everything the Grands need to feel like Pah Poh and Grammy's house is the most loving home on the planet outside of their own. We have extra beds and bins of toys and a fire truck they love to zoom around the house in. We are surrounded by love and family and that brings clutter. God bless the clutter! Life is GOOD! Thank you Lord! 

BTW, Shoe Goo didn't work, should have seen that one coming, must have been a blonde moment.... But seriously, have you ever used shoe goo?! The stuff is amazing! A tube of it accidentally got dropped in the road in front of our house. Subsequently it was run over. It was on the street for over a year. No amount of prying could loosen it.  Finally, when the street on our block was resurfaced the shoe goo left.  Get some! It's amazing!
** You may have noticed that I said we have 3 dogs. Molly has come back to us! Although the sweet lady who took care of her for a week loved her very much, Molly wasn't able to adapt. I was told that she missed me and was losing her appetite. I drove right over and brought our Molly girl home. :) She's back with us and this is where she'll stay. It's so good to be greeted by her again every time I walk into the room!

** UPDATE: Shoe Goo Prevails!
Apparently when the shoe goo "failed"  it was just a matter of checking it too soon. The couch leg is now on there as solid as a rock!

No comments: