Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

All things are new again! I just LOVE New Years! With the Lord, every day is a fresh start over flowing with possibilities! I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us!  
We spent New Years Eve at church, fellowshipping with friends, playing games, snacking on my fav. snack (My good friend Becky makes the most AMAZING Molasses Crinkle cookies.) It was so much fun. I have the most amazing church family! There were different games going on at once throughout the room. I sat with a few ladies and we played 3 rounds of the board game "Wise or Otherwise". I snuggled with my we-est grand baby Kit who shared my cookies with me and had great fun wearing her hat sideways. (her, not me) :)  Before we knew it, it was time for some preaching and we prayed in the New Year. We had so much fun that we didn't go home until after 1 a.m.
Happy New Year!!!

Oh yes, How could I forget resolutions???!!! 
 This year I resolve to:
Laugh more
Trust more
Play more
Read more
Sleep more

This is the year for PEACE. I will enjoy my family, enjoy my friends, enjoy my tasks, enjoy the home the Lord has given me and bask in the peace He has to offer.   
It seems like it's the female thing to worry when life doesn't come in neat little packages. This year I plan to enjoy every little bump and wrinkle in the road. Females, or at least I myself seem to worry if I'm good enough, if I've done enough and to feel guilty when I fall short of my own measuring stick. This year I'll do my best and rest in the knowledge that God doesn't ask any more from me than that. Life is an adventure, and the older I get the closer the end of this life comes. This year I will enjoy it more and worry less. The word for 2013 is PEACE. 
God is Good!
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."  Isaiah 26:3 
 

No comments: