Friday, January 20, 2012

let's hear it for corn fritters!

This past week was my sons 24th birthday.  When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday meal he replied "corn fritters".  He didn't even want cake, his only request was for home made corn fritters.  To keep the grand kids happy we did have spice cake with cream cheese frosting (made by my awesome daughter) and to keep the meat eaters in the house happy we served the fritters up with bratwurst, grilled peppers and onions, and some carrot/raisin/pineapple salad.   I'm eating some fritters now warmed up with a bit of my all time fav.  salad dressing, chipotle lime ranch..... and might I say, in all humility... YUM!!  ( All I did was throw the ingredients together.  God made the flavors!) I thought to take a pic when I was down to my last two bites....

for anyone who might want to try it, here is the recipe!

1 can creamed corn
1 can whole corn, drained
2 green onions, chopped
2 eggs
1 sleeve of Ritz crackers, crushed

Store brand crackers work just as well, I bought mine from Walmart!  This is a cinch to whip up.  This time my 6 year old grand daughter helped me.  

Crumble the crackers in a large bowl, we aren't making breadcrumbs here, so it doesn't need to be fine crumbs, just break them up into small pieces.  Add the remaining ingredients and combine until wet throughout.  You should have a thick batter.  Cook them in a greased skillet on med. heat.  flip when golden brown.  If by some chance they fall apart, just put them back into the bowl, mix it in and keep on going!



No comments: